Ensuring you have the right hot water system to provide plenty of hot water for your entire house or business is essential to keep the cost of your power bill down.
At Laser Plumbing Te Puke, we can help you with the following:
- Electric Hot Water Cylinder
- Gas Continuous Flow Units
- Gas Storage Hot Water Cylinder
- Hot Water Heat Pumps
- Solar Water Heating
- Hot Water Installations and Servicing
Choosing a highly efficient system that uses renewable energy, such as the sun's heat or electricity (which is about 80% renewable on average) reduces the environmental impact of your hot water use.
Electric Hot Water Cylinder
Electric hot water cylinders are the most common form of water heating in New Zealand.
The system uses an electric element to heat the stored water in an insulated tank or cylinder. To stop legionnaires' disease, hot water cylinders must be regularly heated to at least 60 degrees Celsius to prevent the growth of legionella bacteria.
What are the benefits of electric hot water cylinders?
- Will hold water for several hours in the event of a power cut
- Great for households with low to moderate hot water usage
- Many older hot water cylinders have limited insulation which can cause heat loss at a faster rate than newer cylinders.
We recommend that your hot water cylinders are serviced by one of our experienced plumbers every few years to ensure the efficiency and prolong the life of your cylinder.
Gas Continuous Flow
Gas continuous flow heats water as you need it, so you will never run out of hot water.
Gas continuous flow systems can be heated through natural gas or LPG. They are very cost effective and energy efficient due to the nature of only heating up water when it is needed.
What are the benefits of gas continuous flow?
- Supply of hot water never runs out
- No requirement to keep water hot when not in use - more cost effective and energy efficient
- Easily adjustable temperature
- Saves on space - no need for a cylinder, so useful where space is limited
Gas hot water heaters use a califont which burns gas to heat the water instantly: when you turn on the hot tap, the califont sparks up, heating the water on demand as it flows through the system. The amount of hot water is limitless and the temperature can be set so you don't need to add a lot of cold water.
Solar Water Heating
Solar radiation is a renewable source of energy, it is non-polluting on the environment and it is free.
Solar water heating uses the sun's rays to heat water, which is then stored in an insulated hot water tank. On a less sunny day, the system may need back-up heating, usually provided by electricity or gas.
What are the benefits of solar?
- Clean, free, renewable energy
- Quiet operation
- Cost effective
- Reliable, long life and low maintenance systems
- Retrofitting - can be fitted to most existing electric or gas storage systems
Solar water heating uses the sun's rays for heating water which is then stored in a hot water tank, the same way as electric heating, which is then ready to use in the bathroom, kitchen, garage, laundry and anywhere else that you use hot water within your home.
We can design and install a solar hot water system for your home or office that can save you money on your power bill while being environmentally friendly. We specialise in the installation of solar water heating and are approved solar installers. We also provide solar pool heating services and products.
When you hire a Laser Plumber , you'll receive ourservice, guaranteed!
- Timely delivery
- Promise of care and skill
- Appropriate work for customers' needs
- Well-presented, professional employees
- Ensure responsibility of material supplied
- Honour manufacturer's guarantees
- Meet and frequently exceed our customers' expectations