COVID 19 LOCKDOWN PERIOD
As you will likely be aware Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern announced today that New Zealand will be moving to Alert Level 4 of the National Pandemic Plan on Wednesday 25th March at 11:59pm in order to flatten the curve of COVID-19. These are extraordinary times and if we are to protect our customers and staff, extreme measures do need to be taken.
Our retail store and home heating showroom will be shut during this period and until further notice. Unfortunately, this includes gas bottle sales which you can purchase at the local service station. The government has identified plumbing to be an essential service as it is needed to maintain human health and safety. This will mean we will be available for ESSENTIAL plumbing requirements.
We will be here for all your essential plumbing and gas needs during the next four weeks (longer if government extends the Level 4 pandemic plan). If you are unsure if your needs are considered essential, please call us on 07 573 8249 during our normal operating times of 7:30am – 5pm. Outside of these hours, we will continue to be available on our 24/7 on call service. Call out fees will apply.
Please see below:
With the Covid-19 Alert level moving to level 4, this will mean that all businesses will be closed except for essential services and lifeline utilities.In relation to Building and Construction, the term “essential services” means:
- Any entity involved in building and construction related to essential services and critical infrastructure.
- Any entity involved in building and construction required to immediately maintain human health and safety at home or work.
- Any entity that performed or is involved in building and resource consenting necessary for the above purposes.
The first two parts of this definition are relevant to plumbing, gasfitting and drainlaying.
Under the definition “Immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home or work” we may also continue to provide plumbing, gasfitting or drainlaying services if they are immediately needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work. Under this definition the services must:
- Be needed to maintain human health and safety at home/work; and
- That need must be immediate.
- The repair/replacement of hot water cylinders that have failed as the hot water will be required for sanitation purposes.
- The unblocking and repair/replacement of sanitary waste pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of water pipes where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
- The repair/replacement of gas piping, fittings and appliance where there is an immediate threat to human health and safety.
Examples of the things that would not be included in that definition are:
- The repair of minor leaks.
- The replacement to tap washers.
- Routine servicing.
- The replacement of sanitary fixtures that are working.
The emphasis is on essential repairs, not those that pose no immediate threat to health and safety. If the need is not immediate and it can wait for another day then we will schedule your job or reschedule your job accordingly for a later date.
We will continue to update our website and social media (Facebook and Instagram) with any further information as we receive it over this lockdown period.